Recorder and Beginner Woodwind Ensemble
Recorder club is open to students Year 4 and up. The recorder group meets every Friday morning from 8:00 to 8:25am in the Upper Primary music room.
A variety of Primary Choir groups are being offered in 2018-19. The choirs perform regularly for external events such as the Corporation of Hamilton’s Lighting of the Christmas Tree, The Rubber Duck Derby, the Bank of Butterfield and at Coral Beach and internally performs in assembly at Carols For All and for the Ruth Henderson memorial Concert.
- Year 1 and 2 Choir every Tuesday morning from 8:00am - 8:25am in the Lower Primary Music Room
- Year 3 and 4 Choir every Monday morning from 8:00am - 8:25am in the Upper Primary Music Room
- Year 3 - 6 Boys Choir every Monday morning from 8:00am - 8:25am in the Upper Primary Hall
- Year 5 and 6 Choir every Thursday morning from 8:00am - 8:25am in the Upper Primary Music Room
For students from Year 7 - SGY the Saltus Singers practice from 1:00pm - 1:35pm in the Band Room on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The Orchestra Programme covers many ensemble groups at the Upper Primary, Middle and Senior School levels:
- Pizzicato Strings is open to any student from S3-6 who has had at least one year of lessons on the violin, viola or cello. This group meets Wednesdays at 8:00am - 8:25am in the Upper Primary Music Room.
- Wind Band meets in the band room on Monday mornings from 7:45am - 8:25am
- Big Band meets in the band room on Monday afternoons from 3:45pm - 4:30pm
- Senior Orchestra meets in the band room on Tuesday mornings from 7:45am - 8:25am
- Concert Band meets in the band room on Wednesday mornings from 7:45am - 8:25am
- Woodwind Ensemble meets in the band room on Thursday mornings from 8:00am - 8:25am
- Senior Orchestra String Sectionals practice in room 303 on Thursday mornings 7:45am - 8:25am
- Jazz Ensemble is open to all players grade 2 and above and meets in room 303 on Thursdays from 1:00pm - 1:35pm
- Stringendo meets in room 303 on Friday mornings from 7:45am - 8:25am
Year 1 and 2 Handbell Club take place in the Lower Primary Music Room on Friday Mornings from 8:00am - 8:25am. Students from Years 3 to 6 who wish to particpate in Handbells can join Mr. Cooper on Tuesday mornings from 8:00am - 8:25am in the Upper Primary Music Room.
Theory is available to students who are learning musical instruments and we recommend starting in Year 6. There are a variety of classes for different abilities in theory. Aural and Sight-reading support classes are also available for students taking practical exams. Please speak with the Music Department for details and placement.